Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just showing of some pics...





Gorgeous pics by Jennifer of fortytoesphotography - she is always so creative!


Two weeks from today the Grand Central Holiday Fair begins! I have really poured my heart and soul into this event - it really represents my creative vision - clothing for girls who love life and want to conquer the world! I am very excited and nervous - part of me wants it to start now so I can see how we do and another part of me would like another month to create more. I am hoping that this event is not only a success but leads to even more opportunities...


Our finished basement is no longer a playroom it has become a warehouse for our growing inventory. Fortunately my kids are happy to have their toys in their bedrooms and don't seem to be at all upset - they are great kids - I am really blessed.


I have started to think about things like fireproofing. I have to admit when I started this venture I never realized how many details there are that have nothing to do with designing or sewing - it can be overwhelming. Apparently you have to fireproof everything that is not metal - this includes the wicker baskets, mannequins and wooden heads used in my display. We are taking it all to a company in Brooklyn next week where they will "treat" it and present us with a certificate.


The next two week will be intense as we finish our design plans for the booth and organize, tag, iron and prepare all the inventory...wish me luck!

1 comment: