Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Planning....and the editing!!

So I have been playing with my fabrics to come up with possible designs for the craft show. I am going to focus on ruffles, twirl skirts and head scarfs. My friend does beautiful appliques shirts and I think it will be a good combo! You would think the planning from that point would be easy...however...the biggest challenge for me is the editing of ideas. I want to use every fabric in my stash and then some.


So I made some rules: it has to be a fall design and color. It will be Sept. and we are all ready for a beautiful fall in New England by then. Again you would think this would make it easier but then I have too choose between cotton, denim, cord etc.


Anyway I decided to put the fabrics with my "sketches" (I hesitate to call them that - they are a little pathetic) on the dining room table to get a big picture of what I am doing. I hope that makes sense. If anyone has any ideas on editing - please let me know - My head is spinning!



Oh look what I found at a tag sale for 5 dollars (excuse the messy garage) - I am going to paint it - maybe some glitter of course. The hat stand not the garage - though that might be fun too. Then I can use it to display clothes at the craft show - Cute!
.
.






























No comments:

Post a Comment