Thursday, October 1, 2009

Make it work!

Im getting back in the swing of things - my sewing things of course! After my great day at the craft show things began hopping! Im sure this would be small scale for some - but for me it's a big deal! I finished the customs that were ordered at the fair and had some etsy sales in my etsy store - Very exciting! http://www.jessiegirlclothing.etsy.com/

Next I am planning for a trunk show with a twist! Women in our town who sell handcrafts, pampered chef etc. are going to set up tables at my neighbor's house and invite everyone we know! There will be munchies , wine
and shopping - what more could a night out with the girls need? I think this is such a cool idea and really looking foward to seeing what everyone is selling.

Now I need to focus on a couple of new things for winter. I love the skirts and have chosen some new cool fabric to mix and match - look for that in future post. However living in CT the cold months are upon us. It was 50 degrees today with a cool breeze and the summer clothes are being put away and long sleeves are coming out - so I want to add some items that girls can wear in the cooler weather.

The first item I am working on is a jumper that can be worn under a long sleeve shirt. This was my first draft and I like it , but it still needs a little tweaking. The best part was Jessie loved it and insisted on wearing it to school today! I am going to work on it this weekend - I love the concept of the corduroy skirt and cool fabric bodice. I lined the bodice with the corduroy which gives it alot of structure. I think it may need some trim on the bottom and a button in the back to make it easier to take on and off.

But as Tim Gunn says "make it work"...speaking of which it's Project Runway time - I was hoping they would finally eliminate Nicholas - but he has immunity this week. How did Epperson not win with that so cool western outfit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment