Saturday, October 24, 2009

Vintage and Twirl Skirts - Pure Inspiration!









Twice a year a local historical society holds a Tag and Textile sale and I always attend. It is held in a old saltbox colonial house and adjacent barn in a small town in CT. I went first thing this morning despite the rain and it was well worth it. The parking lot was filled with all the other fabric addicts who could not stay away. I found many vintage sewing patterns and ribbon - which I love. I find the shapes and colors interesting on the pattern covers - but I find the look and styling of the women irresistible.

I am working on my Christmas skirt and it is inspired by those vintage pattern covers. I need to get some modeled shots this weekend - so I can list it in my etsy store. I tried to take photos similar to those amazing Japanese craft books - but I really need to get them modeled!








No comments:

Post a Comment