Saturday, August 22, 2009

From this to that...19 days and counting to the art fair



Nineteen days left! I am starting to get very nervous! I have so many ideas and time is running out. I posted a calender in my sewing room to help keep me focused. My problem is I get distracted with new ideas and fabrics and fabric combinations. It all goes back to editing. Obviously the answer is to stay out of the fabric stores - but for some reason they are all having fabulous sales this month.I think my skirts are almost complete - though I may do some more Halloween twirls if I have time at the end.


Remember how I "organized" all the fabrics on my dining room table (picture above) well here is a first peek at the results.


First look at the green, pink and zebra fabric with the ribbon on the table...well it became this:









I love this skirt - I call it the perfume twirl. The top fabric is an Alexander Henry pink fabric with cute old fashioned perfume bottles on it. The main fabric is sisboom casey scroll - this fabric goes with anything and the trim is obviously sisboom's zebra. I found the ribbon in NYC while exploring the garment district and should have bought more. The green and zebra is kind of my homage to the Gymboree Mod Zebra line, which I loved.


This is where I find the joy in sewing these clothes....to see a pile of fabric and ribbon become a skirt that will be worn by a girl as she conquers the world!






1 comment:

  1. Nice post, finding a good perfume is not a difficult job, but finding a perfume in antique bottle is quite difficult.

    ReplyDelete