Monday, September 14, 2009

I survived!




The fair has finally come and gone! The day went better then I had dared to hope! We got to the town green bright and early to check in. Set up went off without a hitch and the whole tent came together in about an hour! I was up to 3am the night before (need to work on better prep planning) but the adrenaline kept me going till I collapsed at home around 5pm.
Within the first five minutes we had our first sale and my beautiful lantern bloom skirt went to a new home! It was so exciting to finally get my work out there. People were so positive and I was thrilled! At this point though the money was definitely nice - the feedback and excitement were even better! I learned that I need more of the bigger sizes. Fours and fives were popular and I think I could have sold 6 and 7 as well.
I work so hard on the pattern and designs of these skirts. However - I do this all on my own in my head! To put it out there was a real challenge for me. But it paid off and I can't wait for the next one! I was so happy to be sharing a tent with my neighbor, part of (kikibonan@etsy.com) - She is so great with customers and makes it look so easy. Her appliqued shirts are adorable and were selling very well also. All in all it was a great day - but I am still exhausted and going to bed - Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment