Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It is already October 12th?






I am a bit of a procrastinator and my big event at Grand Central is the first time I have really made a concerted effort to break that habit...and it's a good thing too! I have found that time is moving so quickly and I go from feeling all is completely under control to considering the possiblity of not sleeping for six weeks.
I met with the merchandise coordinator for the fair this week to discuss booth design and merchandising. The meeting was great - the standards are high and my ideas are on the right track. I am very excited about the booth but it is equal to opening up a store - there are so many details to think about and tasks to complete. I am so lucky to be having help from my fabulous, interior designer mother who is coming from TX to design and run my booth.

Walking thru Grand Central I couldn't help but get caught up in the excitement and energy of the station. As a teenager living in CT I watched my Dad commute into the city. Grand Central was for rushing thru, grabbing a paper and getting to your train - not a place to hang out. It has changed dramatically in the last ten years! There are beautiful shops, markets and restaurants. Tourists come in just to take photos and have coffee. Vanderbilt Hall where the Holiday Fair will take place has been redone with marble floors and chandeliers - gorgeous! I have included some very blurry photos from my visit last week just to give you an idea! So excited! November 15 is not that far away....

No comments:

Post a Comment